The first time you play in new cleats you can expect blisters, cuts, and even destroyed cleats if the cleats have not been broken in. These tips will make it so that by your first game the cleats will be able to perform to their full extent.
- As soon as you receive your cleats it is important to start breaking them in.
- Wear the cleats around the house so they grow accustomed to your foot. Make sure to wear any socks and shin guards that you would when you actually play soccer.
- While wearing the cleats soak them in warm water for up to twenty minutes then allow them to dry on your feet. (This may take a while)
- After the cleats are dry it is wise to apply petroleum jelly to the surface. This replenishes oils and color.
- At first do not use the cleats vigorously, it is important to play in them but not for more than an hour a day.
- Massage the cleats with your hands to stretch the materials.
- When not wearing the cleats stuff them with newspaper so at they retain their shape.
- During the first couple times you use the cleats it is important to wear two pairs of socks, one large and one small, in order to prevent blisters.
After following these steps you can be sure that your cleats will be ready to play in.
Do you like these?