After spending money on your soccer cleats, it would be a shame if they were to break down or lose their color. These tips will help keep you cleats strong and clean for years.
- Immediately after use remove as much material (namely dirt and mud) from the cleat as possible. Clapping the cleats together is an effective way to do so.
- After playing on artificial turf it is especialy important to remove all rubber pellets as these can rip the cleats apart from the inside if not taken care of. A good tip for this is to use a toothbrush. A toothbrush is also effective in removing scuffs and dirt from the cleat.
- Never machine wash the cleats as it will break down the materials. It is best to hand wash the cleats in warm, soapy water. It is important to do this because the salt from your sweat is able to break down the cleat.
- Do not machine dry the cleats as it will dry out the leather. Likewise do not dry in direct sunlight, because it also leads to the break down of the materials. It is best to dry the cleats in front of a humidifier or in a dark warm area.
- Some people wish to apply leather softener, also known as leather food, to their cleats after use. This replenishes the oils in the leather and also brings out the original color. (This is only for leather cleats)
- When not in use fill the shoes with newspaper to help keep the shape of your foot.
- When transporting shoes use a breathable bag so that the cleats do not dry out.
- Refrain from wearing the cleats on hard surfaces such as pavement and concrete, this wears down the studs.
- Store cleats in a moist dark area when not in use.
Hopefully these tips will help keep your cleats in use for years to come.
Leather Lube – $5.99
Sof Sole Leather Lube
Do you like these?